Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My first day of school - Syarra


That morning we got up at 5:45 in the morning and had eggs. Then we packed our bags and left. Our friend who is a teacher at the school brought us there and showed us around. We saw our classrooms and the layout of the school.
How the day went
1. We read a story of a surprising friendship with a tortoise and a baby rhino.
2. Math: they used a deck of cards for times tables by flipping over the top and let's say it is a 9 then you go through the deck, if it is a 7 then you do 9*7 (hint an ace is 1, jack is 11, queen is 12, king is 13, try it.)
3. Then 1st break which is lunch if you pack; we did so I ate.
4. Then was technology class where I made the fish below with 1 paper bag, 1 black cloth, 1 white cloth, 1 string,  and 2 not at all deep bowls
5. Then tuck break. There is a little shop called the tuck shop that serve desserts and snack. If you sign up each term you get a tiny pizza or pretzel so then they can wait until dinner. I got frozen yogurt, chocolate flavered, yum!
6. Then Afrikaans class. The whole lesson was in Afrikaans. I couldn't understand anything, I asked what it meant in English, but they read poems and small books.
7. Then we went home from a day of fun.

2 comments:

  1. I just figured out how to post comments on the blog, so forgive me for not posting sooner. School sounds amazing and I'm so glad you got to experience it. Do kids leave campus for lunch? What was your favorite part of the day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just figured out how to post comments on the blog, so forgive me for not posting sooner. School sounds amazing and I'm so glad you got to experience it. Do kids leave campus for lunch? What was your favorite part of the day?

    ReplyDelete