Wednesday, October 28, 2015
My first day of school - Syarra
That morning we got up at 5:45 in the morning and had eggs. Then we packed our bags and left. Our friend who is a teacher at the school brought us there and showed us around. We saw our classrooms and the layout of the school.
How the day went
1. We read a story of a surprising friendship with a tortoise and a baby rhino.
2. Math: they used a deck of cards for times tables by flipping over the top and let's say it is a 9 then you go through the deck, if it is a 7 then you do 9*7 (hint an ace is 1, jack is 11, queen is 12, king is 13, try it.)
3. Then 1st break which is lunch if you pack; we did so I ate.
4. Then was technology class where I made the fish below with 1 paper bag, 1 black cloth, 1 white cloth, 1 string, and 2 not at all deep bowls
Then tuck break. There is a little shop called the tuck shop that serve desserts and snack. If you sign up each term you get a tiny pizza or pretzel so then they can wait until dinner. I got frozen yogurt, chocolate flavered, yum!
6. Then Afrikaans class. The whole lesson was in Afrikaans. I couldn't understand anything, I asked what it meant in English, but they read poems and small books.
7. Then we went home from a day of fun.