Friday, March 25, 2016

South Gaul Pop Quiz and Further Plans and my excitement about going to Hungary and why it isn't all of Gaul - Carver

No one has stated our Further Plans on the blog for a while. I don't think you had previous notice about us coming to Greece. After Greece we go to Budapest. If you didn't know, Budapest is in Hungary. And it has a river running through it. I learned that once there was one city on each side of the river. One was Buda and the other was Pest. Then the cities came together. After Budapest, we do a house sit in England. Then we go to Berlin. Then we go to Paris for a weekend. Then we go to Istanbul. By the way, Gaul is the area that France is now before it was conquered by Rome...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! You didn't expect another pop quiz! But it fits so smoothly. And I haven't done a Roman Pop Quiz yet! I purposely didn't put it in the title which already had so many other things that it would have been easy to add this. But I purposely found other things that didn't need to go in the title just to make it long. Of course, I am going to talk about all those things. You must admit that that was clever how I set this up.

Starting now: Roman Questions(4)

1. How many subway lines were there?
2. What was the Latin name for when people were condemned to death by beast?
3. What country is entirely contained in Rome?
4. Was the Colosseum stop on A or B?

Going on: Why I am excited about Hungary and why it isn't all of Gaul.

The latter: This is a simple answer: Because we are going to Paris, that is again in France so it couldn't be all of Gaul because I will need it later.

The former: The major language of Hungary is Hungarian. The major second language of Hungary is German. So, like I have mentioned before, this is why I am excited. That was actually somewhat simple.

Of course, we don't have everything confirmed so we aren't certain of all of our plans. However, we are doing the house sit and we have a flight to Hungary. I don't know if we have other flights.

All right, all that I have left is the South Gaul Pop Quiz. Or something else...

No, not another Pop Quiz. What Pop Quiz haven't I done yet? Other than the South Gaul one, of course. I am excited about αυτό. That means "this" as you may have guessed. I looked that up on Google Translate but I didn't copy and paste it. I got a Greek alphabet on my iPad. Yes, that excites me. Maybe it doesn't matter to anyone else but I care.

As I have learned statistics, we use Greek letters for population parameters and generally corresponding Latin letters for sample statistics so I have seen many Greek letters.

Done with that. Now I will have to face the facts. We were in France for 3 weeks so I need to come up with 8 questions. Those who know might think that I have made a formula for determining how many to write based on how long we spent. Those who don't know me were actually right. There is no formula. Because now it would be hard to make a formula that fits with all the Pop Quizzes I have made before. That counts Lisbon, Seville, Fuseta, Burgos, Rome, Fes, Tangier, Marrakech, Cape Town, and Namibia as separate quizzes. We were only in Vatican City for a couple hours and that isn't long enough to get even 1 question.

No, it just has to follow an approximately upward sloping linear pattern. Now, if I had thought of a formula in Cape Town, then I would calculate one for every place we go.

1. What department were we in?
2. What is the capital of that department?
3. How many horses were there?
4. What was the name of the city on a cliff?
5. How many chickens were there?
6. Which one was my favorite animal?
7. Which river did Domme overlook?
8. What was the name of the cave paintings we went to?

Answers:

1. Lot
2. Cahors
3. 12
4. Rocamadour
5. 18
6. Chickens
7. Dordogne River
8. Lascaux II

Roman Answers:

1. 4
2. Damnatio Ad Bestias
3. Vatican City
4. Line B

And now I have done all my Pop Quizzes. When we leave Greece, I will do another. I am doing one for every place we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment