Wednesday, February 28, 2024

The Off Putter

Question: the thing that puts me off, that's an off putter, right? Or is it an off puter? Because I don't want a putter like I'm golfing. But I don't want some slangy way to say computer either. I mean putter as in that which puts. Off, in this instance.

Earlier in this month I was put off from blogging by an incident. I was going to blog about the Parque de Carolina. It is a large and beautiful park in Quito. And it has everything. Okay maybe not everything, I didn't see a helipad or roller coaster. But it has:

  • Soccer fields
  • Volleyball courts
  • Track
  • BMX track
  • Skate park
  • American football field (though clearly unused)
  • Paddle boats and a paddle boat stream
  • Science museum
  • Botanical garden
  • Vivarium


 

A Bell of World Peace - in the park

Point is this is a very lovely place. And I wanted to blog all about it.

But for the incident which occurred in the park.

I got pick pocketed. My wallet was stolen.

So this isn't life or death. I had $10 in cash. The thief got credit cards and probably did get some money with those but I don't have to lose that money so that's good. And my driver's license was in there.

So while that wasn't a tragedy it did leave a metaphorical sour taste in my mouth. It has also caused some slight modification to our plans, nothing major. More on that in a future post.

That incident kept me from having much desire to blog for a bit. But I am on the comeback trail.

Story: When Carver was four, he loved to play War. You know the card game where you flip cards and the higher one wins the cards. Sometimes when I was losing but then something went in my favor I would say I was on the comeback trail. And Carver, in his early days of learning how to talk trash would say no, instead I was on the go away trail. Put me in my place.

But that was a place putter, not an off putter. And regardless of which trail I am on now, think of this post as an up catcher. Or an on putter.

No comments:

Post a Comment