Thursday, November 23, 2023

The Fourth Thursday

Today’s the fourth Thursday. It’s likely I may
Be asked, now, for what are you thankful today?
And I guess, if you asked that, here’s what you’d be told.
I’m glad that I don’t have to stay in the mold.

This life where we nomad
And somehow don’t go mad
Come and go without pomp, without guilt
Though it’s plenty of fun,
It’s not easily done
‘Cause it’s not how America’s built.

Not to say we are homeless, but home we have not.
And a home is expected for really a lot.
Car registrations
And voting locations
Depositing royalty checks for creations.

There isn’t a system to do those with ease
But that is the price for the life that I please.
So I’m thankful that, even though sometimes it’s wild
We are able to live this way: undomiciled.

No comments:

Post a Comment